Friday, October 3, 2008

Jim Jones Talks “Swagger Like Us” Remake, Says T.I.’s Swag is Fabricated


“No one on the corner got swag like you we don’t Rocawear that’s for fags like you.”

The homey Joe over at Complex recently sat down with the Capo and got some info on the remake of “Swagger Like Us” that he’s doing with Wayne, Juelz and Chink Santana. He also speaks on the original and what he perceives as a lack of swag on the part of some of the MC’s who spit on it. Hit the jump for some gems.


On Jay-Z’s recent 
Vibe cover:

Tell me who Jay-Z looks like in there? Did you see the picture of him? With the Louis Vuitton scarf and all that. Who did that resemble? You can say it. But he did it wrong; he had a Gucci belt with a Louis Vuitton scarf. Who does that? You smell me? That’s like wearing one Nike and one Puma; how you going to get away with that?

On T.I.’s “swag”

I don’t feel like he possesses any swag. Not like that. It’s fabricated. They’re watching other people, then they try and do it. You know people that dress like T.I.? You know people that go out and say let me get a T.I. outfit or do you know people who say “yo, you’re looking like Jim Jones?” Which one? Lemme hear it! When the bitches want to fuck you and the niggas want be like you, who got the swag?


Jim says he’s putting “Jackin’ Swagger From Us” on his new album as a bonus, so it should be leaking shortly, but in the meantime, Complex actually has a snippet of Wayne’s verse.

No comments: